I won a R600 Superbalist Shopping voucher !!!
One of my favourite things on this earth is being a parent and a mother. This week I had the pleasure of joining my daughter at her school, for the annual Children’s Day. Im those moms that love helping out at school,so I am part of the PTA team. This year I am not as active as I used to be, in past years, which breaks my heart but I’m blessed to have these moments.
I introduce to you, my source of joy and all things lovely, filled with honey custard,choc-crispness. Her name is Sisipho ( She is a Gift) Yakhanathi ( Unite/Build Us) aka Ms Muffin.
We had lots of fun and its super fun connecting with your inner child and just chilling with your 10 year old Muffin
This picture overwhelms me, with a sense of appreciation for:
- the blessings of good health, to be able to play and have fun with my daughter,
- the blessing of time, to be able to have to the time to be there for her
- the blessing of the space we are at, the relationship we share
Parenting has not been an easy journey. I am truly grateful for the gift, that I have been given and I strive everyday, every minute to grow,support,nurture this beautiful flower. I am raising a beautiful queen, power boss lady and I am truly blessed
My goodness March 2018 !! This month is proving to be a very challenging month. This is my first blog for the month !!! That’s how hectic it, has been. I just got a boost of inspiration tonight and here I am.
So I am on a make-up wearing daily, journey. I have been using the Mac Studio Sculpt Foundation and it has been a lovely journey. I am just not happy with amount of transfer on everything, I am experiencing with it. By the end of the day, I have make up on everything, from my work files, books, so nje it was time for a change. It had to go.
This month I welcome Estee Lauder – Double Wear, Stay in Place Make up,Foundation. I am using 5W2 – in the shade Rich Caramel. I am so in-love it. The first test was yesterday afternoon, I was so exhausted I dozed off, woke up in a panic as I have white bed linen on, I thought, I had made a huge mess on my linen. I promise you there was little transfer and smudges on.
The foundation retails for R585.00 for a 30ml bottle, I also got the make-up pump,which retails for R50.00.
This pump is such a let down, I was expecting something more chic, more elegant ,not this navy plastic cap.
Estee Lauder is running a special this month, so I also got the “Take It Away” Make – Up Remover. The special requires the purchase of 2 products, one must be a skin care product. I doubt I will purchase the “Take It Away” Make -Up Remover, any time soon. I love washing my face, I think I will only use it when, i cant and those instances are rare.
There are 2 gift options, Day and Night Gift. The ” freebies” with the very stylish cosmetic bag are, I took the Day Gift:
• Take it Away Makeup Remover Lotion 30ml
• Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II 7ml
• DayWear Advanced Multi-Protection Anti-Oxidant SPF15 with 24HR 15ml
• NEW DayWear Eye Cooling Anti-Oxidant Moisture Gel Crème 5ml
• Brow Now – Brow Defining Pencil with Brush (promo size) in shade Brunette
• PC Envy Lipstick Full Size – Promo Round Case in shade 420 Rebellious Rose
• Sumptuous Extreme Volume Mascara 2.8ml in Black
Loving this product, it is value for money Read More
I am falling in-love with my curly wig. I have found that, with the hair care routine I use, the love grows more and more. I am going to share my hair care process with you.
I do this process on my study desk and the below items:
- Dry towel – This I lay on the desk, to protect it from product and water damage
- A spray bottle filled with clean water
- A wide edged comb
- Curl defining combing cream – I use the Not your Mothers Naturals Curl Defining combing cream – I get it from Clicks and it retails for R 189.00 for a 236 ml bottle
My process is a follows:
- I gently comb the wig ( I try to avoid shredding as much as I can) , I make sure that I remove all the knots.
- Once I’m done with the combing, I spray the hair with the water. I just make sure the hair is medium wet
- The i apply evenly the combing cream, on the wig
- I then leave the hair out to air – dry overnight
I normally do this process in the evening, so I just put the hair on its stand. In the morning I just comb it lightly and I am good to go with my popping curls 🙂
Valentines 2018 has been so much fun. I rarely celebrate the day but this year, I could not run away from the festivities.
My favourite items from this week are:
- This orange nail polish I got from Discherm as a bargain price of R10 !!!! I got two I love,love bargains. Its called Passion Nail Lacquer, its a new brand for me.
- Storage Box from Mr Price, this is perfect as storage for all my nail polishes and accessories. Love,love,love it especially the bargain price, got it on sale at R59.99
- I fell hard for these expensive Claire’s Faux Stiletto Nails, from Clicks. I think these nails are pricey, at R 160.00 and all you get is 24 pieces. I can’t wait to try them on in 3 weeks. I just did my nails last week and I do not waste anything.
- Bantu Holomisa – The Game Changer, I took this book from my Mom, so my quest for all things thrifty continues. This is my book 2 of 12 for 2018. I am thoroughly enjoying and will post a review when I am done with it.
The year 2017 was a year of new things, new experiences, online purchases was one of those. I placed an order through Ali Express, purchased a wig. It has been a long drawn experience, below is the wig ordered.
I ordered from a supplier called Dream Beauty, from Ali Express. I placed the order on the 22nd of December and I collected the hair in East London, Fedex Warehouse on the 3rd of January 2018, below is the wig ordered.
I will not be ordering through Ali Express again because:
- Export Duty Tax – They are levied on imported goods with the aim of raising revenue and protecting the local market. I was charged R433.18.
The supplier I bought from Dream Beauty promised to refund back this money. Sadly the promise was never fulfilled.
2. The hair delivered was not the hair ordered !!!
I definitely understand why the prices for wigs are a lot. I will buy local next time, it will be worth not stressing and its not an experience one needs, when you are new to wigs as well. I was completely lost as well when the wig was hair, didn’t know what to do with the lacefront and how to wear it (hides)
Rating: 2 Thumbs
WOW i can not believe this month is finally over. Its been a very long stretch. Ok successes for the month:
- Finally collected my daughters unabridged certificate, its been a 11 month long wait
- I am a half way through book 1 of 12 ….. tjo its a struggle i wont lie, after work I just want to wrap myself up in a blanket and sleep
- My blogging consistency is improving, even though content is a struggle
The blogging space I am in is exposing my lack of writing skills. Its not easy but i will soldier on, practice makes perfect right. This week I am looking forward to the first school social at my daughters school, we are both super excited.
Well that is it for this blog, there’s more to come. Super excited !!!! I will not give the negatives shine this time around. Focusing of being positive and celebrating the wins 🙂